Benefits of Decompression Therapy
- Decreases pain
- Enhances recovery/healing process
- Decreases pressure on spinal discs and joints
- Spinal decompression also reduces the need for surgery, or prevents surgery as a result of an effective treatment plan.
What is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Spinal Decompression Therapy (SDT) is a non-surgical procedure that effectively treats lower back pain and neck pain due to various causes including spinal disc conditions, injury, obesity, inactivity or over-taxing of the cervical and lumbar muscles. Decompression therapy uses gentle intermittent digitally controlled distraction (stretching) which unloads and separates the joints of the spine, resulting in reduced pressure on spinal discs and facet joints.
Utilizing the KDT Neural Flex Spinal Decompression Table, the SDT treatment begins with a series of sessions typically 3 times per week. Each session is approximately 12-20 minutes. In addition, cold laser therapy is applied as well to help reduce inflammation, enhance pain reduction, and promote further healing of injured tissues.
In short, spinal decompression effectively enhances the healing process and therefore renders quick, effective pain relief that enables most patients to return to a more active lifestyle as a result. Lastly, research to develop this procedure was conducted by prominent physicians, engineers and technicians at major teaching hospitals.
- Bulging discs
- Herniated discs
- Lower back pain
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Headaches & migraines
- Degenerative disc or joint disease
- Spinal root impingement or pinched nerve
- Scoliosis degeneration
- Spinal stenosis
- Compression fractures
- Radicular pain (radiating arm or leg pain and numbness)
- & more!
Why SDT Makes Sense
- Reduces pain
- Non-toxic and extremely safe
- Reduces the need for surgery
- 90%+ efficacy
- Works synergistically with other modalities such as chiropractic care, therapeutic laser and therapeutic exercise
- No adverse side effects
- Treats the root cause rather than symptoms, which is overall much safer than analgesics, NSAIDs, opioids and other medications
- Non-invasive, decompression therapy is administered fully clothed
We offer treatment packages of 12 or 24 treatments and you do not have to be a chiropractic patient to receive decompression treatments. Before administering your first decompression treatment session, Dr. Todd will evaluate your condition and then recommend the best treatment approach as a result of his findings. Call our office at 978-897-1770 to schedule an appointment!
Our office is conveniently located in Stow, MA and we service many patients benefitting from Spinal Decompression Therapy who live in or near Maynard, Hudson, Bolton, Sudbury, Acton, Sudbury, Concord, Boxborough, Marlborough and Harvard.