Neck Pain Treatment from our chiropractor in Stow
Dr. Todd Whittemore is our board-certified chiropractor Stow residents trust when it comes to natural neck pain treatment. He performs neck adjustments on patients from Stow, Maynard, Acton, Hudson and Bolton, MA, who turn to Stow Family Chiropractic for natural relief. Many patients notice an improvement in pain after cervical spine adjustments, soft tissue therapy and cold laser therapy treatments. These drug-free, surgery-free methods work to reduce pain, improve nervous system function and restore musculoskeletal balance.
What Causes Neck Pain?
The neck is made up of spinal bones, discs, muscles, tendons and ligaments. The cervical spine supports the head and allows for range of motion, but pain can occur easily because of the flexibility in the neck.
Commons reasons for pain include:
- neck injury
- degenerative conditions
- chronic stress
- pinched nerves
- bone spurs
- bulging or herniated discs
- repetitive movements
- sleeping in a bad position
- neck strain from prolonged use of a computer or phone
Common Neck Pain Symptoms
Neck pain can range from mild to excruciating and may persist or come and go. The pain may feel worse when you move the neck in a certain direction. Other symptoms include neck stiffness, soreness, or pain that travels to the shoulders, arms, and fingers. Numbness or tingling may also occur along the path of a pinched nerve.
Neck Pain Treatment
Many of the patients who visit us from Stow, Maynard, Acton, and other surrounding cities in MA are looking for non-surgical options that target pain at its underlying source. Before treatment, we will examine you thoroughly and use digital X-ray imaging to pinpoint the root cause of the symptoms. We may then recommend any of these safe, non-invasive pain relief methods to restore head and neck function.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Manual neck adjustment techniques are used to slightly rotate and extend the neck. The gentle force unlocks the joints, takes the pressure off the discs, and releases trapped nerves.
- The Erchonia Adjustor: The adjustor is a pulsating device used on patients who cannot receive a manual neck adjustment for any reason. The device helps to regulate how the brain senses pain, relieve muscle tension, and increase mobility.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Cold laser therapy is a safe, non-invasive 5-minute treatment used to reduce inflammation, swelling, and pain, and speed up the process of healing.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS): Muscle stimulation is used to relieve muscle spasms, reduce inflammation and restore flexibility in the area.
Heal Naturally and Enjoy a Better Quality of Life
If you're looking for a chiropractor, that Stow, Maynard, Acton, Hudson and Bolton patients have come to rely on, then feel free to visit Stow Family Chiropractic. Dr. Todd has dedicated his life to helping people like you live pain-free lives. Call our Stow, MA, office at 978-897-1770 to book an appointment today.