Knee Pain Treatment at Stow Family Chiropractic
Before you became hobbled with knee pain, life seemed so much simpler. These days even walking across a room can feel like an agonizing task, not to mention how impossible playing sports or working a physical job may seem. When the knee itself—or your overall musculoskeletal system—has lost its optimal alignment, knee pain can become chronic and progressive in nature. Fortunately, you don't have to accept this future when you take advantage of the knee pain treatment options available at Stow Family Chiropractic, your source for non-invasive pain relief in Stow, Maynard, Hudson, Bolton, and Acton.
Common Problems That Affect the Knee Joint
It's hard to think of any joints in the human body that routinely take more punishment that the knees. Not only do these hinge-style joints support all the body weight above them, but they must do so regardless of your weight distribution, whether you're dancing, running, or jumping. Even ordinary walking can place considerable stress on the knee joints, especially if you're overweight or your body is out of alignment. These issues can make you more vulnerable to an acute knee injury such as a sprain or strain. You may also have trouble with chronic problems such as:
- Osteoarthritis - A degeneration of the protective cartilage between the bony components of the knee.
- Bursitis - A painful inflammation of the sacs that normally prevent tendon friction within the knee joint
- Runner's knee - A chronic problem in which the kneecap (patella) becomes unstable and painful.
- Chronic tendinitis - Nagging pain related to repeated micro-injuries to the tendons of the knee.
Non-Surgical Strategies from Our Chiropractor
Knee pain that constantly bothers or gets progressively worse may prompt you to take painkillers or think about surgery. Most painkillers, however, do nothing to resolve the underlying causes of knee pain, and surgery isn't actually necessary for many knee pain sufferers. Our chiropractor, Dr. Todd, will examine your knee joint, symptoms, medical history, lifestyle, and musculoskeletal alignment to determine the reason for your pain. We can then offer non-surgical, drug-free treatment strategies such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments that reposition the knee joint components to allow for easier range of motion
- Spinal adjustments to straighten out your musculoskeletal alignment and weight distribution, reducing soft tissue strain and joint wear
- Cold laser therapy to speed healing and relieve knee inflammation
- Custom orthotics to help correct imbalances that subject your knees to abnormal stress
Get Your Mobility Back at Stow Family Chiropractic
Stow Family Chiropractic can help you get back to the lifestyle you want. Reclaim your comfort and mobility by calling 978-897-1770 today for an appointment!