Updated COVID-19 Policies and Protocols
We are hard at work preparing for our reopening on Monday April 6th, 2020. Please read this email in its entirety to help our practice continue to operate efficiently and safely, and allow us to continue providing essential chiropractic care to all of our patients.
As the status of COVID-19 is constantly changing, we are actively adapting to keep our patients, team members and loved ones healthy during this unprecedented health crisis. We have taken many steps to ensure a safe reopening, including reconfiguring our schedule and office space to enable social distancing requirements, improving our existing hygiene protocols to ensure all equipment is disinfected between each use, and implementing protective gear for all of our team members to keep exposure with patients limited. In addition to implementing these preventative measures, we also need help from you to ensure our office remains a clean and safe environment. Please read below for our updated policies and protocols:
- All tables, equipment and impacted surfaces in the adjustment rooms and waiting area, including chairs, counters and door knobs, will be disinfected after each individual patient visit.
- Patients must remove their shoes upon entering the adjustment room prior to getting adjusted.
- Dr. Todd will wear a protective mask at all times and sanitize his hands between each individual adjustment.
- All other staff will keep at least a 6-foot distance away from patients and wear protective gear as needed.
- We have removed all unnecessary items from the office, including extra chairs, magazines, toys, the check-in iPad, and water dispenser to ensure a safe environment for all of our patients.
- We placed HEPA air filters throughout the office with bacteria and virus killing UV-C light.
- We have alcohol-based hand-sanitizing wipes at the front and back doors for patient use upon entering and exiting the office.
Patient Visit Protocols:
1. We will only schedule a maximum of three patients for every 15-minute time slot.
We ask that you please be patient with us as we reorganize the schedule to accommodate all of our patients. If you have an appointment scheduled for April that you do not believe you will be able to keep, reach out to the front desk as soon as possible. The front desk will be contacting all scheduled patients to either confirm or reschedule your appointment date and time.
2. All patients must be on time for their scheduled appointment.
If you are early, please remain in your car until your scheduled time slot. If you are late, please call the office to receive further instruction, which may include rescheduling your appointment.
3. We can not accommodate walk-in appointments at this time.
If you would like to get adjusted, please call or text the office to schedule an appointment and we can fit you in as soon as possible.
4. Please do not bring your kids into the office unless they are also getting adjusted.
We understand this may be difficult with kids at home, however to ensure sufficient hygiene levels we must limit the number of people in the office at any one time.
5. Can you answer "No" to the following questions?
1. Do you have any flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste or smell?
2. Have you been in contact with any person who has any of these symptoms?
3. Have you traveled to a high-risk area in the last few weeks?
If you can answer YES to any of the above questions, please stay home and self isolate for at least two weeks. If you are feeling symptomatic, contact your Primary Care Provider for further instruction.
Visit this helpful link to assess your risk for COVID-19: Buoy Health Symptom Checker
6. All patients must practice social distancing in the office and remain at least 6 feet away from all other people, excluding Dr. Todd.
What to do during your scheduled appointment:
- Enter the office through the front door and use a provided hand-sanitizing wipe
- Follow all instructions and signage in the office to keep a safe distance from front desk staff and other patients at all times
- Make any needed payments and/or schedule your next appointment at front desk after getting adjusted
- Get room assignment from front desk
- Remove shoes prior to getting on adjustment table (you can take off shoes in the adjustment room)
- After adjustment use a provided hand-sanitizing wipe, leave through the back door of the office, and exit through the main door of the building.
IF SOMEONE IS ON THE RAMP OR AT THE FRONT DOOR please step aside (6-feet) and let them pass
IF SOMEONE IS AT THE FRONT DESK please wait in the hallway
IF YOU ARE LATE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT please call the front desk prior to entering the building.
IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE PATIENTS IN THE OFFICE please get direction from the front desk before entering through the office front door
We understand that these measures are a departure from our normal office protocol and environment, but they are all necessary to keep our patients, team members and loved ones safe. We know that our patients rely on chiropractic care to stay out of pain, regain function, boost their immune system, as well as ensure their nervous system continues working optimally. In order to continue to provide this essential care to our patients, we ask for your partnership in operating at this new required level. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and keep you informed of any further changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call or text our office at 978-897-1770. We are here to help you!