At Stow Family Chiropractic we use Pettibon Wobble Chairs! As spinal discs age, they lose their internal fluid content and pressure if not rehabilitated on a regular basis. A regular regimen of 8 minutes of full range of motion exercises on the therapeutic wobble chair provides 360 degrees of rotation, 40 degrees of side to side flexion and 35 degrees of front to back flexion on a universal type joint to facilitate all possible combinations of exercise motion needed to maintain healthy well-hydrated spinal discs, ligaments and tendons.
Benefits of repetitive loading and unloading cycles on the wobble chair:
- Rehydration and increased height of discs
- Increased disc, ligament and tendon strength and mobility
- Decreased potential for injury or severity of injury from sudden applied forces
- Lubrication of spinal joints and nourishment of their cartilage
- Improved nutrition delivery and waste elimination by way of the specific movements in the exercises that activate the lymphatic system, which increases immune function.
- Prevention of adhesions during healing and improved joint integrity of healed joints
- Development of “core” basis for further strength and agility training
- Works synergistically with chiropractic treatments and other therapeutic exercises
There is a Wobble Chair in each adjusting bay at Stow Family Chiropractic. When you arrive for your appointment you will be assigned to a room, go to the room, set your belongings down, and wobble before you are adjusted to ensure you get the maximum biomechanical benefits at each of your appointments. We have the following exercises posted on the wall of each adjustment room for your convenience!
There’s so much a patient can do to get the most out of their adjustment, including icing before or after to reduce inflammation, staying hydrated, wearing stabilizing orthotics between each visit, and wobbling before each adjustment to properly prime the spine for manipulation. And remember, the best thing you can do for YOU is stay on a maintenance plan for chiropractic care to prevent future injuries or issues. We’ll see you in the office soon!